Thursday 14 July 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge// Day Fourteen: Throwback Thursday (Old Material)

So, this is an excerpt from a Script I wrote in College in 2012.

(Sarah and Luke have just slept together (Lauren is in a unhappy relationship). But he's about to tell her a secret)

Sarah: (She handcuffs him to the bed) I don't need, or WANT to know why you have these. But I do want to know what the fuck is going on!

Tell. Me. Everything. I will not be lead on a wild goose chase! Sit down and tell me why I should believe a word you say!

Luke: Because it happened before! I lost my girlfriend! Because I sat at home, not doing anything about the dream. We need to go. Mike is in DANGER!

Sarah: Tell me more!

Luke: FINE! All started when I was dating a girl called Lauren. She was a beautiful girl, a dancer. So talented, she was going to make it big! One night we had a row. She drove off and I went to sleep. I had a dream. It was a horrible dream, it woke me up straight away. But I didn't think anything of it. The dream was that she'd been killed in an accident.

Sarah: Oh my God! How nice of you. Fall out with your girl, leave her to die. You're a fucking Psycho!

Luke: It wasn't like that, I loved her. I didn't mean for it. I just didn't help her. Seeing her there, in my dreams, lying there - lifeless. It was so so scary. So I got up, went to my cupboard and started necking vodka. I thought it would help me forget. But the images were still there. Engraved forever in the back of my mind.

(Sarah hesitates, she can sense the honesty in Lukes voice. She sits next to him)

Then the paramedics rang. They said that Lauren had been in an accident and she was asking for me. She'd been paralised from the hips down. Laying there for two hours before an ambulance was called. All that whilst I was necking vodka, she was wishing for me.

Sarah: What happened?

Luke: I never saw her again. I couldn't bring myself to see that gorgeous face in pain. That beautiful girl whose life I had ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Hola! Me again!

Another hiatus! I'm terrible at this blogging. Soz. Uodate: I'm in a pub, alone, 1 glass of wine inside me. (A really nice New Zeal...