Friday 9 January 2015

2015 - Person Number Nine

09 - 01 - 2015
"Quietly Confident"
This girl sits opposite me in the pub we're sitting in. She's laughing and joking with me and a fellow co-worker of ours. I work with her, so I know her pretty well, but as I've said before, everyone has a story before and after you came along. This is her story:
"What's your greatest achievement?"
"Well after college I went to a place called NCS. It's called National Citizen Service and its full of team building activities like rock climbing, leap of faith and other stuff. My confidence was really really low after bullying I received in school (she indicates to scars on her arm). We were the first group in Bedfordshire to go. It was in Wales and then afterwards we went to Shuttleworth house for some final team building activities. This time it was to raise money for a charity. I was in charge of my group and we raised over £1000 for a homeless shelter in Bedford"
"So do you think this helped you gain confidence? I mean looking at you now I can't really imagine you quiet!"
"I was really really quiet, my confidence was at such a low I wouldn't talk to anyone. The charity thing helped a lot because you'd have to tell people what you were doing and try and get donations. You'd be on the street talking to strangers. I'm fine now and I think NCS definitely helped"
"Was NCS a camp specifically for people with low confidence or just a general fun camp?"
"People came into College and gave us all an application form. I filled it in but was too scared to hand it in. My dad found it and told me I should go and that it would help. I'm glad I went. I met two of my Best Friends there."

Here's to you "Quietly Confident". Best of luck in the future in whatever you do! You've come so far and you're amazing! :)

Kisses J xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Hola! Me again!

Another hiatus! I'm terrible at this blogging. Soz. Uodate: I'm in a pub, alone, 1 glass of wine inside me. (A really nice New Zeal...