Sunday 4 January 2015

The In To My Sanity

Okay, So I feel I should explain what I'm doing with this blog.

I'm going to aim to 'get to know' 365 people in 2015. That equates to a person a day for a year. Now I've started this New Years Day 2015, and here's why.

Basically, I've come to realised that everyone, everywhere has a story to tell, and as an aspiring writer... I love a good story! I was sitting in traffic in my car the other day and I was glancing around as you do, pedestrians were walking to shops, some were running and I didn't have a clue where they were going or why. Now that was quite fun, it meant I could create their stories and make up plans for them in my head. But what if I did know their stories? What if I asked them?
On the internet today there are a few blogs/websites known as "Humans of *Insert city name...". They have London, New York and other such things. This is where someone goes round photographing people and hearing their stories. This fascinated me as a writer and as I was approaching the age of 22, I wanted to do something with my life... I wanted to achieve something. I had started numerous projects but not completed them, so hopefully this will be the start of many completed projects.
I also got to thinking about the people we do 'know'. How well do we actually 'know' them? We meet them at a point in our lives and sometimes we don't even bother with the past, we just leave it alone. So that girl from work that you can have a 3 hour conversation with about 'Eastenders', do you know her middle name? Where was she born? What's been her greatest achievement so far? We don't tend to ask these questions.

So here's me. Just little old me, getting to know 365 people.

And here's you! My reader, following my journey to bring the world that little bit closer together!

Kisses J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Hola! Me again!

Another hiatus! I'm terrible at this blogging. Soz. Uodate: I'm in a pub, alone, 1 glass of wine inside me. (A really nice New Zeal...